King Country Pet Food New Zealand Limited
This Policy applies to customer and other third party personal information (referred to as “you” and “your”), rather than the personal information of our employees or independent contractors. We have a separate policy that deals with employee and independent contractor personal information.
Your privacy is important to us, we respect your personal privacy and are committed to maintaining your trust and confidence in the way we collect, store, use and share your personal information. This Policy sets out how we collect, store, use and share your personal information, and how we comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020.
Personal information includes any information that can identify you as an individual. You have the choice not to provide us with your personal information (other than as required by law). However, this may result in us being unable to provide you with some or all of our goods and/or services, or may substantially reduce the level of service we are able to provide to you, and/or reduce the areas of our website that you will be able to access.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information as part of our ordinary business operations, including the provision of goods and/or services to you. Personal information that we collect from you may include:
- information that helps us confirm your identity such as your full name, date of birth, address verification, passport and/or birth certificate;
- your contact information including your residential address, postal address, email address, telephone number;
- CCTV, photos, videos and other recordings;
- financial information and records such as your income, credit history, bank statements, payment information and other financial information that may help us consider whether you meet our credit requirements when applying for a credit account;
- unique identifiers such as IRD number and passport number;
- billing and payment information;
- documents supporting your trade references and business records;
- purchase and order history; and
- cookies (as explained below), computer and/or network IP address, and website usage information.
When do we collect personal information from you?
We collect personal information from you when you interact with us, or we interact with you. The personal information we collect will depend on the nature and purpose of the interaction us. We will generally collect your personal information when you:
- contact us, whether via our website, telephone, text message, email and/or post;
- enquire about our goods and/or services;
- purchase goods and/or services from us;
- submit an application for a credit account with us;
- agree to do business with us;
- enter our business premises, via CCTV;
- visit our website at www.kingcountrypetfood.com or any other website we operate; an
- sign up to our mailing lists.
By providing us with your personal information you are consenting to us collecting your personal information and using it in accordance with this Policy and applicable law.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information where it is necessary to respond to your request, provide the goods or services you have requested, or to otherwise manage your interaction with us. When we obtain your personal information we will only use that personal information for the purpose for which it is collected, as set out in this Policy or as permitted by law. Generally, we will collect and use personal information from you for the following purposes:
- receiving and responding to your enquiries in relation to our goods and/or services;
- receiving and processing your requests for us to provide goods and/or services to you, contacting you in relation to the goods and/or services you have requested, and providing those requested goods and/or services;
- to allow us to perform a contract we have with you;
- to act on your requests;
- marketing our goods and/or services to you, including contacting you by phone, text message, post or email;
- helping us to identify other goods and/or services that might be beneficial to you;
- for our general business processes, management and the improvement of our goods and/or services;
- enforcing our agreements with you that relate to our goods and/or services; and
- for any other purpose for which the personal information was collected.
Do we collect personal information from third parties?
In most instances we will collect personal information directly from you. However, given the nature of the goods and/or services we provide, it will not always be possible to collect all personal information directly from you.
We will only collect personal information about you from third parties as set out in this Policy, where it is reasonably necessary in the circumstances, where we are obtaining such personal information from a publicly available source, or where you have provided your express or implied consent.
Examples of where we collect personal information about you from third parties include:
- publicly available sources, such as the companies office, motor vehicle register or personal property securities register;
- credit referencing and/or reporting agencies;
- your trade references or other referees; and
- regulators, government authorities, Courts or the Police.
Do we disclose your personal information to third parties?
In the course of using your personal information, we may disclose your personal information to third parties. However, we will only share personal information with third parties where we are permitted under this Policy, where you have specifically authorised us to do so or in accordance with our legal obligations. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- third parties that help us deliver our goods and/or services;
- IT and data storage providers;
- security providers;
- payment providers;
- credit referencing and reporting agencies;
- debt collection and credit reporting agencies;
- any person or entity whom you have permitted us to disclose the information to;
- regulatory or government bodies including but not limited to the Ministry For Primary Industries and the police; and
- any person or entity whom we are permitted to do so under law.
We will only disclose your personal information to trusted third parties. We impose strict conditions on their use of your information and require that they keep your information confidential.
At times, cookies may be used to help us serve you better. A cookie is a small element of data sent by a website to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so we can recognise you when you return. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and, if you wish, to reject it, or clear cookies by using your browsers options.
Web beacons, also known as clear gif technology, or action tags, assist in delivering the cookie. This technology tells us how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) on our website. We do not use this technology to access your personal information. It is a tool we use to compile aggregated statistics about the website’s usage. We may share this tracking information with third parties.
You may register with us to receive marketing and communications via email, text message or by post your name and contact details will be added to our marketing database. You consent to receiving messages from us by email, text message or post. If you decide that you no longer wish to receive marketing material from us you can elect to unsubscribe by selecting the option in the email or by emailing us at [email protected], replying ‘STOP” to any text message or by contacting us directly by telephone or post.
Links to other websites
How we protect and store your information?
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us safe against loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised modification and unauthorised disclosure. We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary or longer than required by law.
We have implemented a variety of security measures in relation to the protection of personal information. We may use reasonable safeguards such as file encryption technology to secure the transmission of sensitive information from time to time.
Where we do provide your information to third parties in accordance with this Policy, we will require that third party to protect your personal information. If a third party is located outside of New Zealand we shall ensure that such entities have similar levels of privacy protection as New Zealand.
What do we do if there is a breach of your privacy?
If we believe that there has been a privacy breach, then we will identify the breach and take reasonable steps to minimise any harm caused by the breach. Where we believe any breach of privacy poses a risk of serious harm, or is likely to cause serious harm then we are required to notify the Privacy Commissioner and affected parties.
Where you believe that there has been a breach in relation to your privacy, then please contact us as soon as possible.
If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with or resolved your complaint then you can escalate this by contacting the Privacy Commissioner at any time:
Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner
Phone: 0800 803 909
Email: [email protected]
What is your right to access your personal information?
You are entitled to ask whether we hold any personal information about you, access any personal information that we hold about you and to request the correction of any personal information held by us.
If you wish to access or correct personal information held by us then please contact our privacy officer as below.
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time as we see appropriate. In the event we do amend this Policy, we will post the revised version on our website and use reasonable endeavours to draw your attention to the amended policy. The most recent version of this Policy will apply.
How to get in touch with us
Your privacy is important to us, if you have a general privacy enquiry or complaint about a privacy breach then please contact our Privacy Officer at: [email protected]